Description of Position
Greenleaf Friends Academy (GFA), located 5 miles west of Caldwell, is looking to hire a part-time Culinary and Consumer Science Teacher for the upcoming school year. GFA is a Christian-based educational facility seeking a like-minded candidate that loves to work with Middle school and High School students in an educational setting.
Job Responsibilities to include:
The Culinary program will meet the following criteria:
- Communicate with the head of Kitchen to organize use of kitchen and equipment
- Teach food safety required by the Southwest District Health
- Students will take the Food and Safety exam required by the Southwest District Health
- Students will organize dinner menu for potential community events
- Students will cook a meal for potential weekly community events
- The culinary teacher will communicate with the coordinator(s) to organize food for the possible weekly event
- Will follow the guidelines of the Idaho Culinary Arts Program Standards
The Consumer Science program will meet the following criteria:
- Follow the Idaho program standards for Family and Consumer Science provided on this link https://boardofed.idaho.gov/resources/family-and-consumer-sciences-adopted-on-august-2018/
The Home Economics program will meet the following criteria:
- Follow the Idaho program standards for Consumer Science
- High School diploma. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Experience in teaching and knowledge in culinary arts and consumer science.
- Enjoy working with students, teachers, and administration.
- Being a team player and a desire to see students grow and learn within our vision and mission.
- This position reports to the Principal.
To be considered for this position, a complete application must be received. Complete the following:
· Application for Employment – Certified
This position is open until filled.
Send, fax or email completed application to:
Greenleaf Friends Academy
PO Box 368
Greenleaf, ID 83626
Employment at Greenleaf Friends Academy is contingent upon the results of an independent background check.